St George & St Athanasius Coptic Orthodox Church
Job Ref: CHURCH2108
Coptic Orthodox Priest
Hours of work
Fixed term Contract
£14,000 – £16,000 per year
St George and St Athanasius Coptic Orthodox Church, Brighton Grove, Newcastle, NE4 5NT. Charity no. 1024015, is seeking to appoint two full time Coptic Orthodox Priests.
The selected Priests would have been ordained in accordance with the Coptic Orthodox Dogma by a Coptic Orthodox Bishop and have minimum two years’ service as Priests at a Coptic Orthodox Church.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate leadership, have excellent communication skills and are fully compliant with the Coptic Orthodox teachings and Rituals. Knowledge of Arabic and Coptic languages are desirable.
Provides spiritual guidance by conducting ceremonies; counselling and comforting clients.
– Prepares messages and lessons by studying church teachings and pronouncements; writing sermons.
– Conducts ceremonies by leading participants; performing rites.
– Educates members and converts by presenting and explaining writings; evaluating learning and application.
– Counsels clients by identifying concerns; identifying and evaluating moral and ethical options; explaining writings; guiding clients’ decision making; recommending a course of action.
– Comforts clients by offering condolences and support; building and arranging for support.
– Proselytises potential converts by explaining values; overcoming objections.
– Maintains knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading the writings of leaders; establishing community networks; exploring the beliefs of others
– Renews spirituality by attending retreats; examining inner peace and strength.
2+ years as a Priest
Informal enquiries or visits are welcomed, please e-mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact His Grace Bishop Antony on Tel. 0191 2972155 or 07879 614127.
Short-listed candidates only will be notified by e-mail.
Closing date: 11 June 2018